This is the simplest salad that I know. My mother used to make this, but also included the now-debatably–endangered hearts of palm, during the summer when tomatoes and avocados were at their bests. It’s a bit early for this salad, and, to my complete horror, I almost missed this avocado (sorry that I didn’t use a more beautiful one in the pic–it was my last).
I have to remember that hydration can come in the form of food, not just by drinking the prescribed numbers of glasses of water. So, come ON hydration!
Super Simple Spring/Summer Salad
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2-3 T balsamic vinaigrette
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve immediately or marinade for up to 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes or so.