The temperature is dropping!!!! Make yummy things. Lots of them. Give them to your friends.
I know I posted a recipe for gingerbread cupcakes, earlier this month. I can’t help it. It’s one of my favorites!
You can make these gluten free simply but substituting gram flour (chickpea flour) for the whole wheat, below. Yes, seriously.
Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine your flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and ground ginger. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl combine vegetable oil, pumpkin, applesauce, and water. Mix through.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Oil a loaf pan and pour batter in.
- Bake at 375 degree for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.