These are not only sweet, delicious, and moist… these are gluten free! This is a thinner batter, which means that they bake longer but stay much more moist.
If you want to make this more savory (cornbread), substitute 1/2 cup of additional almond milk for the maple syrup. Delicious!
Makes: 12 muffins
Adapted from PdxBarb’s recipe on Food.com.
- 2/3 cup Grade B maple syrup or agave nectar (note that agave is sweeter)
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup plain almond milk (or alt. milk of your choice)
- 1 can creamed corn or 2 c of freshly cut corn and corn milk (see the first minute and a half of the video, below, for the technique of taking the corn off the cob)
- 1 cup gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the liquid ingredients (syrup, oil, milk, creamed corn).
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and spoon batter into paper-lined or oiled muffin tins (paper is easier, because these can stick).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350, until tester comes out clean and the muffins are golden brown around the edges.