So, have you had the Whole Foods garlicky kale? If not, and you get a chance… do it. No, wait. Don’t do that, make it YOURSELF. And, while you’re at it, add this delicious dressing to a cabbage or broccoli slaw (I combine Trader Joe’s broccoli slaw with their shaved brussel sprouts–yes I do).
Whatever you do… eat this. It is amazing, and the perfect end-of-summer salad to go with your favorite backyard feasties.
Garlicky Kale Salad
- 1 bunch raw kale, washed, de-stemmed and dried
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or water)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos (tamari or soy sauce would work too)
- 4 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (1 – 2 cloves of garlic)
- sesame seeds, to taste as garish (optional)
- Break or cut kale into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Puree all ingredients except kale and sesame seeds in a blender or food processor to blend the dressing.
- Pour dressing over kale and massage into the kale with your hands until all pieces of kale are coated.
- Let the salad sit in the fridge for an hour or so to marinate. You can skip this step if you need to eat right away, but allowing some time to marinate will wilt the kale a bit and make it a little more palatable – particularly for those who are skeptical of eating raw kale.
- Sprinkle on some sesame seeds before serving if so desired.
Original post, here.