I really like this recipe. I suggest adding some fresh parsley in addition to the basil and using whatever types of tomatoes you are growing in your garden (or pick up at the farmer’s market). Also, on the cooler nights/days, consider making this from dry beans (I love the taste of cooked dry). Thanks to Jolinda Hackett for this.
Quick and Easy Vegetarian White Bean Salad
- 2 15.8-ounce cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound small Roma or plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine beans, tomatoes, basil, and salt in a bowl, and season with pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, just a minute or two.
- Pour olive oil and garlic mixture over beans and tomatoes, and toss gently to combine.
- Allow the bean salad to stand 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
Salad can be covered and kept at room temperature up to 4 hours.
Makes six servings of white bean salad.