Ok… this is a amazingly simple yet remarkably delicious recipe. Oh man… thank you Beard & Bonnet!!! I have also tried this with tofu and green curry paste, for a different dimension of flavors. If you do use a chili paste, be sure that it doesn’t have fish sauce or dried shrimp. Of course, you can always make your own! And did I mention this is gf (as is everything on Beard & Bonnet)?
Go to the B&B site… spend some time!
Be sure to see the original post (link below) for amazing pictures and some great hints for this recipe!!
Summer Veggie Miso Bake
- 1 large zucchini squash, cut into large chunks
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into large chunks
- 4 medium new potatoes, unpeeled, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white miso*
- 1 Tbsp. red Thai chile paste
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 1/2 cups Lacinato kale, tough stems removed and chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil, chiffonade
- Preheat the oven to 400°F with a rack in the middle. Wash all of the vegetables and cut them into 1/2 inch thick cubes or half moons and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, miso, and curry paste. Measure out 1/3 cup of the mixture and and toss it in with the vegetables. Mixing until every veggie is coated in the sauce.
- Place the veggies on a large, rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until all of the veggies are tender and browned with crisp edges.
- While the veggies are roasting, whisk the lemon juice in with the remaining miso-curry dressing, then add the kale, spinach, and basil; toss until coated completely.
- Remove the roasted veggies from the oven and place them directly into the bowl with the greens and extra dressing. Toss to mix everything together and serve immediately over rice.
Original post, here.