So, even though it is summer, and the sun is generally in the sky, and our days are longer–many of my people have been having tough times. So, I went seeking a smoothie recipe to help keep us all perked up and in moods to be out and enjoying the lovely (if not hot) summer around us.
Veggieful had a great recipe. See her original post (link below) for some great variations and tips. More, she breaks down the importance of each of her ingredients for mood enhancement.
Also, consider adding a handful of spinach to this, in addition. The mildness of the spinach will alter the taste very little–although, it certainly won’t be as pretty (unless you like grey more than purple). FullCircle says this about spinach: “Like broccoli, spinach (and most leafy vegetables) contains a hefty dose of folic acid. Spinach is also a wonderful source of the mineral magnesium, a natural anxiety combatant. Without enough magnesium in your diet, you may find it hard to concentrate in addition to being fatigued and irritable.”
Vegan Happy Smoothie Recipe
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 150g (1 cup) frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- 1 ¼ cups Soy Milky Lite [or “milk” of your choice]
- sweetener (optional)
- In a high speed blender, add all ingredients.
- Process until creamy and smooth without lumps.
- Taste it and add sweeteners if desired. If too thick, add a little bit more soymilk until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Smile and enjoy!