The fruit salad. So very simple, in a way, but also incredibly satisfying. This is the perfect for breakfast, dessert, or an accompaniment to a light summer lunch or dinner.
- ⅓ cup sugar or ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup fresh mint or lemon verbena leaves
- 2 Tbs. lemon or lime juice
- 2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 2 peaches or nectarines, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or whole raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in mint and lemon juice. Steep 15 minutes. Strain out mint.
2. Combine grapes, peaches, strawberries, and blueberries in large bowl. Stir in sugar syrup. Cover, and chill 2 hours, or overnight.