I am surely a sucker for sweet and salty, together. And, I will also admit that one of my favorite terrible things to eat is Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo. And I mix it in with the black beans, sometimes, to make taco filling. However, certainly you do not have to mix the chorizo, and can simply use the basic black beans as the filling for your tacos.
Black Bean and Mango Tacos
Yield: 12 tacos
- 2 cups cooked basic black beans (3-4 if you are not using the chorizo)
- 1 package soy chorizo (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 c cubed fresh mango
- 1 sliced avocado
- 2 c thinly sliced cabbage
- 12 soft or hard corn tortillas
- roasted tomato salsa to taste
- Saute the soy chorizo on medium to medium-high heat for 10 minutes, adding the onion after about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and continue to saute until the chorizo becomes somewhat carmelized and the liquid from the beans is mostly evaporated.
- Prepare the tortillas by either dry pan heating the soft tortillas or baking the corn taco shells according to the package guidelines.
- Load up the tortilla with the taco filling (the chorizo/bean mixture) and top with mango, avocado, cabbage, and salsa.
- Eat them up.