Did you know that Martha, the Martha, has an entire list of vegan appetizers? What? Yes. Thirty two of them. Instead of featuring all of them, which I could really do, let me list some of my favorites, below:
- White Bean Dip
- Sweet Potato Wedges with Sesame-Soy Dipping Sauce
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Dip
- Avocado Bruschetta with Green Sauce
And then there is the one I’ll be making for my Saturday night gathering: the roasted-tomato salsa. From Martha’s site to your eyes (and, hopefully, mouth):
- 9 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 3 jalapeno chiles, plus more if desired
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Coarse salt
- Preheat broiler. Place tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until tomatoes and jalapenos are charred, about 7 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the roasted garlic. Transfer to a blender along with the charred tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and 1 tablespoon salt. Puree until smooth. For a thinner consistency, add water as needed. Season with salt to taste.