Gluten free perfection. And, check out Solveig Berg Vollan’s blog, Gluten-Free-Vegan-Girl. Solveig, 18, has been blogging and cooking up a storm (and taking amazing pictures) for over a year. Amazing. Spend time on her blog. You will be so glad you did.
Quick Homemade Vegan Ketchup
Ingredients, makes about 2 cups:
- 1 cup tomato puree (preferably salt-free)
- 1/2 cup vegan vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp homemade hummus (optional)
- 1 tsp homemade almond butter (if you have a nut allergy you can skip this)
- a pinch of maldon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic powder
Add all the ingredients together in a bowl, and using a hand blender puree the mixture until completely smooth. If you do not have a hand blender you can use a regular blender or food processor as well. If needed you can add in more of the seasoning I used, or whatever you think would fit. The sky is the limit!